On Monday 05 March 2001 01:20 pm, John Turnbull wrote:
> I need to compile a new 2.2.18 kernel with the ntp-pps (network time
> protocol pulse per second) patches included.
>
> Where can i get 'mandrake approved' sources?
>
> I tried the sources at kernal.org, but when I compiled them, I only got
> a blank screen after the initial lilo prompt. I have compiled kernels
> before, but only when using sources from the distribution and using a
> modified configuration. John T

    vanilla source from kernel.org is not the best way to compile a
Mandrake kernel.  I have no idea about your ntp-pps requirement, but
Mandrake source for 2.2.18 kernels is available on any cooker mirror.
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3
   look for 'kernel22-2.2.18*' files.

--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship