John Turnbull wrote:
> I now have unpacked the
> kernel 2.2.18 sources.  They wound up in /usr/src/RPM/BUILD/linux, but
> the structure looks much like a normal kernel source directory. Now I
> can do dome real damage (clearly I am on the edge of my competence
> level.  John T

Er. . . well I was hopping to be able to do some damage. . . but the
compile just stalled with:

[root@mpdlin linux-2.2.18]# make bzImage
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
                 scripts/split-include
scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1
[root@mpdlin linux-2.2.18]#

I had done a standard make xconfig and not fiddled too much, saved and
did a:
make dep && make clean
the :
make bzImage and if died.

Could somebody please interpret this error?

Oh yes. I did a make mrproper, then repeated the above steps, without
changing anything in xconfig (it os OK because this is a very standard
K6 box running LM7.2, so even the lesser CUP optimizations should not be
the problem.

Thank you all in advance.  John T