It sounds like to me that this would be a good time to reinstall Gimp.

1) uninstall the GIMP packages from your system
        rpm -qa|grep gimp  <ENTER>

        # this will tell you exactly what packages are present
        # on your system. use this to remove exactly the packages
        # that are returned to the screen.

2) now you have a list of the GIMP packages that are on your system and
   you can remove them.

        rpm -e <package-name-from-screen-output>  <ENTER>

3) find all the GIMP packages on the install CD's that you have and
   reinstall them.

That should take care of that problem for you.

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."