I run a dual boot win98 Mandrake 7.2 system.

I used to run a Randish Boot manager on my MBR to boot between different
OS's.

I installed Mandrake 7.2 putting GRUB on my root partition.  However once I
realised that now my root mandrake partition was now /hda6 and hence not
bootable by Randish boot manager so I decided to install GRUB onto my MBR.
Which I did succesfully but now it just spits me straight into windoze (the
default) without any delay so I can't select a difference choice.  I have
changed /boot/grub/menu.lst and added 'timeout 10' to it (it wasn't there
originally)first below 'default 0' and then moved it to the top to no avail.

I have also tried to install LILO but it comes up with the error partition
not found and dies.. so I had to reinstall GRUB again.

Regards

-Tom Webster