Sorry, I am not trying to answer the question here - I am merely
adding to it. There are some other services I have queries about. I
have looked at the services section at mandrakeuser.org but it hasn't
been updated since Mandrake 7.1, so it is missing a few entries.

* drakfont:
I do use TrueType fonts, but is it really necessary to have a daemon
to check these fonts every time I boot? It adds about 5 seconds to
bootup time and probably uses some memory too.

* kheader:
This looks (from the DrakConf description) like it would be useful,
but is it necessary?

Thanks for any help.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.