On Tuesday 27 March 2001 05:31, you wrote:
> Civilme; Where in Quebec? I'm in Montreal.There have been similar
> complaints from other people in the LUG  I belong to. If you're D-Link
> continues to give you problems, get back to me. I can arrange to have the
> card checked, and replaced with something more reliable. We've seen lots of
> the D-Link's screw up and there was a bad batch of them around Montreal for
> a while. Sympatico was replacing quite a few a couple of months ago. If the
> card is good, and still won't work, we can replace it with a DLink 538TX,
> which will work fine. In the mean time, make sure that your BIOS  has the
> "Plug 'n' Play O/S" option turned off, and then "Reset Configuration Data"
> is enabled. Once you get your PC fired up, log in as root, open a terminal,
> and try "ifconfig", and also "ifup eth0" , then send the information back
> here.to the forum.
>
> Dan LaBine
> Registered Linux User #190712

Ummm  Well you start at the capitol building in Montreal, go one block south,
turn southwest and continue 5600 kilometers.  Wear rubber boots or you will
get wet feet.-)

I'm at Mandrakesoft in Paris, and we were testing these D-Link cards, trying
to figure why the driver that works with the Rhine chipset doesn't work with
that specific card.

Civileme