André D. Martinsen wrote:
> Do I need to  use Linux to download the files? I have yet
> to get my ISDN card up and running for the moment, so im
> using MS Exploder to download the files I need.
>
> I have tried holding shift, ctrl, alt, and about every
> comination of those before, during, and after the download
> but I stil only get the html-file. Do I actually need to
> use Linux to download the document, or wil it work if I use
> Netscape to download it?
>
> Or better yet, if some1 have those documents downloaded
> please e-mail them to me.
>
> André
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip[snip]
> > André....when I wrote that message yesterday I was in the
> > process of downloading the two manuals in pdf form.
> > After they finsished downloading I checked them and they
> > were both proper viewable .pdf files.  This was on a
> > noisy 28,800 bps modem connection in Southern California.
> > --
> > Alan

André....I just navigated to the documentation page with a
WinMe computer and chose English and Reference Manual, then
pressed the (virtual) Download button and Win Explorer 5.5
popped up an applet asking if I wanted to "open this file
from its current location" or "save this file to disk".  I
chose "save this file to disk" and another applet popped up
allowing me to choose where on my hard drive to save it.  It
finished downloading and I am now reading the .pdf file with
Acrobat reader.  It worked pretty much the same in mdk 7.2
using Netscape.
--
Alan