I uninstalled everything that had to do with gnome, for some reason I can't
remember the name of the package, but there was another package I
unistalled, & reinstalled  before I rebooted.  After I rebooted It seemed
to work alright.  I would go looking to find the package, But I have
uninstalled Mandrake, & Installed a Debian based package, & can't figure
out how to install an RPM Installer.

HTH
Ammon