I recently purchased a new PC (Athlon 1GHz on ASUS A7V133, WD 30Gb ATA100 HDD) and wish to install LM7.2.  After booting with the CD inserted I specify a language and keyboard, then the installation program searches for a SCSI drive before displaying the message:

An error has occured. No valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems.
Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem.

I have partitioned the HDD four ways using fdisk and am running WinMe on the C drive.  I had mentally allocated E and F for Linux and the swap partition respectively.  Is the fact that the HDD is running off the onboard ATA100 controller the reason it can't be located?  If so is there a remedy? If not etc. etc...

Hopefully yours,
Tim (the Ultranewbie)