I tried ./scriptname and bash reports "No such file or
directory".  I can ls and it shows scriptname* which should
indicate that it is executable and in the current directory.
btw:
I bought the book "LINUX Shells by Example" by Ellie Quigley
and have been trying to run some of the scripts from the
cdrom.  Many of the commands fail (e.g. echo -n "Where do
you work").
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Dean