> Thanks David for the directory listings and for taking the trouble to
> respond, but there is no sign of emacs in Linux Complete.  I bought the

It's hard to believe that a boxed set would not include files that are
part of Mandrake 7.2.

> I can live with xemacs but I cannot reproduce all the key bindings which I
> had been used to under emacs for ten years.  As a hunt-and-peck typist I
> prefer single keystroke shortcuts.

Hmm. It doesn't read your emacs rc file, or do you not have one? Xemacs should
reproduce most if not all of the emacs bindings.

> missing such basic package files.  I had noticed that ftp and telnet were
> missing also.  After bare ftp, gftp seems very awkward and clumsy.

Well, they may not have been installed, but they definitely should be on the
CD. For a command line ftp that is very good, you should check out ncftp.