Randy,

another in this thread had mentioned something that had slipped my mind
momentarily and that was about disabling Plug n pray in the BIOS and then
trying again. That is a common problem, or rather conflict between Linux
and the PnP technology. It's something that Mandrake is working on at
present, but since it's a "windows" feature I personally don't expect
Mandrake to be responsible to make stuff work with it. It's just as easy
to either buy the hardware without it, or just to turn it off.

--

Mark
*****

"what knowledge I have managed to accumlate over the years
at times becomes obscured and even hidden amidst the vast
emotional onslaught of my children. You never finish being a parent.  :)"