> I have an Abit KA7 Mobo with VIA KX133 chip with zero problems to date. I
> even have a Western Digital 20GB harddrive running without any problems

Abit was FWIW the first MB I got when I recently upgraded, but either it or
the AMD processor I first got weren't working - they were DOA since the
system couldn't boot. Anyhow, I returned them both, and the tech at the
local computer store suggested I go with an ASUS, and I agreed, since I've
heard a lot of good things about the ASUS (A7V133) and it turned out to
be $15 cheaper too :).

At any rate, I've been running this MB with a 1Ghz Athlon/K7 with zero
problems so far. I haven't been successful yet in getting lm-sensors to
work so I can see how hot the thing is :). Someday I'll get that working
right. But the case I have has three fans (plus there's a fan on the MB and
the processor heatsink/fan, of course) so it's probably cool in there. It's
usually a pretty hardworking box, running setiathome + other things all the
time.