kaab kaoutar wrote:

> Hi
> i have mounted C drive using hda1
> but i'm not able to mount d drive cause i don't know its name!
> i tried hda2,hdb,hdd,hdc etc but in vain
> Thanks

If you have, say, a 20 Gb hard drive and you have used windows to split that
drive into a 10 Gb C drive and a 10 Gb D drive, the C drive will be a logical
partition and the D drive will be an extended partition. I have personally
done this so that if I format my C drive, all my documents are safe on the D
drive.

Under Linux, you can only mount logical drive partitions, you can not mount
windows extended partitions. In other words, you can't mount your D drive. If
someone can prove me wrong, please do.

--
Kind regards,
Hylton Clarke