Hylton,

Russell Hoffman has proved you wrong, and I could too.  This email is
mainly just to add on to Russell's -- if the Windows partitions are not
NTFS you can read and write to them.  My windows partitions are primary
and logical, some are fat and some are vfat and I can read and write to
any of them.  The one thing that is difficult to do is change ownership
and permissions -- you can't do it on an individual file basis but only
for an entire partition (IIRC).  Also IIRC, the owner and permissions
for my windows files is set in the fstab file.

Mine currently only work as root, but I'm rather certain there's a way
to change that -- I think you add something like "user" to the fstab
line for the particular partition.

Hope this helps,
Randy Kramer