Benjamin,
  I'm sure that you realize that Mandrake has not made
available the documentation on the web for version 8.0
yet.  I'm also sure that you realize the Mandrake is a
business and that requires money to run which is the
diference between them and for example Debian, that is
build and maintained by users, saying this I believe
that the instructions for the software manager will be
in the documentation that is included in the Mandrake
Disk Set that will be on the shelves soon.
  Also why don't you make a How-to for this, Linux
only gets better if we the users make it that way.
Don
  P.S. I'm standing by for the flames