On Wednesday 09 May 2001 15:27, Mark Johnson wrote:
> My wife's company has asked me about installing a linux
> server to relay mail within their local LAN and also out
> to their ISP.  They'd like to run apache and mySQL.  They
> wanted to know whether they should install RedHat or
> Mandrake.
>
> I'm not sure how to answer them.... why would one be
> better than the other?

there is no better my friend. they are, in essence, the
same. the commands, the programs, the security, everything.
essentially the same. the only baddie i keep seeing in
RedHat is they mess up the compiler a lot. so, unless
you're developing a lot, that won't matter.

linux is linux is linux...no matter if it's slack, redhat,
mandrake, whatever. i'd go with either. linuxbusca runs on
mandrake and debian...and while it's nothing pretty to look
at yet, mandrake does the email, web server, and DSL
gateway. pretty awesome.

just my two cents.

--

+-----