Michelle Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
> A few questions . . .  I'm torn if I should buy 7.2 now or wait until 8.0

> comes out as a box set. I'm running a 500 Pentium III, 128 meg RAM w/ an 18

> Gig HD.   I plan on buying an external modem and wonder what brand of modem

> would be a good choice. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

=====================
You have a number of options as far as purchase goes.  I'm still running 7.1 (with
2.2.19 kernel).
For a newbie, there's nothing wrong (perhaps a lot right ;o) ) with running 7.x and
perhaps waiting for 8.1 or 8.2 to "upgrade".  OR you could purchase a two disk set
of 8.0 from Cheapbytes for about $4-5 right now and then buy the "official" 8.1
later on from mandrake.
     Almost any external serial modem will work.  I like USRobotics personally.
     HTH,
     Mike

--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing, and
dreadful idolatry took place there."

  • ... Amir Hardon
  • ... Adam Haley
  • ... Robin Regennitter