> > does anyone have any recommendations for web design programs and the like for
> > linux.  with windows i was using frontpage (which i didn't really like to
> > begin with), there were a couple of things bundled with it- but i was looking
> > for something a bit more full bodied.

> > and one last question, on the 7.2 there is a graphic art program called
> > cameleo that for the life of me i cannot get to install.  i get to the little
> > install icon and won't do anything.  :0

I can imagine that the program ends in a problemstate. Can you open an xterm and run
the
program from there? (enter the name and hit enter). If there is a real problem, that
way
you can see what happens. (Never heard of the program)
You may want to try Gimp, although that is quite complex if you are not used to
complete
graphics programs. If you know about Photoshop, you won't be too puzzled though.

> program I have found for linux is Quanta, which installs from Mandrake 8.0.
> It is a far cry from Front Page, and is more remniscent of Allaire's Home

You can also consider Screem. It is the same basis as Quanta, so no wysiwyg.

Paul