first of all, thanks to everyone who had an answers for me.  after all was done, i
think the install may have knocked windows out, i am not that bothered since my
"important" things that i am working are stored elsewhere anyway.  i have new
questions: i had asked about dual booting- should i go ahead and get the 8.0 (and is
the avail by box or download) versus using the 7.2?  also, does anyone have any
recommendations for web design programs and the like for linux.  with windows i was
using frontpage (which i didn't really like to begin with), there were a couple of
things bundled with it- but i was looking for something a bit more full bodied.

and one last question, on the 7.2 there is a graphic art program called cameleo that
for the life of me i cannot get to install.  i get to the little install icon and
won't do anything.  :0

jenny

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1