It was Mon, 14 May 2001 09:31:58 -0700 (PDT) when Damodaran Raja wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I am new to Linux and have no idea how to access the
>floppy, CD rom, Hd's on my computer.  I'm using KDE
>2.0 and Mandrake 7.2.  I think I have to mount but I'm
>not sure how.

There is a file browser in KDE. You can use that to go to /mnt.
Inside /mnt there are directories.
/mnt/floppy is the diskette drive
/mnt/cdrom is the cd-player
etc.

As you are running Mandrake already that means you are accessing your HD's.
If you refer to your Windows disks, those are in /mnt also. Probably named
/mnt/win_c and so forth, but since I always butcher installs and directories,
someone else has to give you the real names.

Good luck
Paul

--
"All serious daring starts from within."
-Eudora Welty

http://nlpagan.net -  Registered Linux User 174403
       Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Sylpheed 0.4.66