just start with your home directory and just remember that ".." is the
directory above your current directory. your hard drive should be listed as
"/mnt/win_c" for the windows drive, if you set it up as diskdrake defaults.
the top "folder" (to use a windows concept) is "/" the next folder down would
be "mnt/". you could issue (in a console window) ls /mnt. you will get a list
odf all the drives currently mounted (ls [as in list) is roughly equal to dir
in dos).