On Tuesday 22 May 2001 05:57 pm, you wrote:
> At 11:29 PM 5/21/2001 -0700, Todd Flinders wrote:
> >After you've installed Linux Mandrake 7.2, just use
> >Linuxconf to setup the LNE100TX.  Crazy, I know, but
> >that is what worked for me.
> >
> >With Linuxconf, I just chose the tulip driver it
> >offered me in the drop down list.
>
> Thank you. I managed to get Linux setup to use my cable modem. I STILL
> can't get sound to work! I can't understand why! I've had a few times
> before where I have installed Linux and the sound worked without a hitch.
> I've disabled plug n play OS in my BIOS. I've tried looking for sndconfig
> and could find no such file anywhere. Harddrake won't see it <its a
> Soundblaster Pro, old as dirt> but it WILL see my USB Webcam! I don't
> understand what needs to be done to get my sound card to work! Anyone got
> any ideas? Please help!
Just on the off chance, go to console mode and as root type in " sndconfig".
this should be completely out of a desktop GUI and in root console only. Hope
that helps.  As I recall under the creative labs soundblaster listings the
pro showed up when I ran sndconfig.
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user # 180842   Linux-Mandrake on the desktop.