Well this email wanted me to use the Software Manager.
 I tried it on the list of Security updates that I had
downloaded.  Software Manager did not work it hung,
tried the Package Manager, it hung (would not work)
tried the MandrakeUpdate, it hung (would not work),
tried rpm -Uvh <package name> it did nothing.  At this
time I was thinking I really had a hosed system.  I
fell back to a windoze soluation, rebotted, system had
only been running 7 hours, and everything worked.
  MY POINT Jay did you try and reboot and then try the
Software Manager.  It is a nice tool and makes
installing very easy. One thing that I did notice
though is that it does a install, not a upgrade.. i.e.
the package that your replacing does not get removed
as  in a upgrade.  Another nice tool is the urpm it is
a lot like the apt-get from Debian and is really nice
to use.  You can find info for it on the Mandrake web
page, or from www.google.com/linux do a search.