I don't know about emacs itself in terms of editing web pages, but
when I edit web pages, I usually have to FTP them to the web server.

In emacs, the save command is C-x C-s, as you said, but I've only
saved files locally. You may want to check out the O'Reilly book
_Learning GNU Emacs_. It has a lot of great tips that I've picked up
through reading it.

Nathan Owens

--
Nathan Owens