Hi Marcia,
what you need to do is key in the following in a terminal window to
start the installation:

java -classpath LimeWireOther.zip install

To launch LimeWire after installation, you might want to create a link
to the executable script for convenience e.g. in my case a link
pointing to:

/home/myusername/LimeWire/LimeWire

I am using the IBM Java Runtime Edition (JRE), though as I understand
any JRE, including Kaffe, should work with the "other version" install
for LimeWire.

I could no longer run the "linux version" of the LimeWire installer
either after stepping up from LM7.2 to 8.0. This problem is documented
on the LimeWire site, and is not limited to LM 8.0 e.g. it also occurs
on recent versions of Redhat.