You're absolutely right.  My isp (Sisna) switched to smtp authentication
and I looked for alternatives.  I like mozilla best and am using it to
send this email.  I wrote one of the maintainers of kmail and asked
about future plans for smtp authentication and he said "Maybe it will be
in KDE 2.2".

--
"It said uses Windows 95 or better, so I loaded Linux!"
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"