Dear hoyem,
        somehow I am unable to get software manager working for me.
I did as you have said.
        I have deleted the CD1 and CD2 from the source list, which
were there earlier ...
        how to get them back...I tried all the possible ways...

If I select http, and click update list ...it never shows up anything...
at this step I am stuck..
can you suggest me any thing more..

I dont know , some problem...at my end I believe...

do suggest me any information if its there...
thankyou for the help..

prasad.