Well, it should do it by default unless you specify otherwise.  What command
are you using to start it?  ./setiathome    is the basic command you need.
Use -nice 19 to make it play nice when you use another app that requires your
resources.   One needs to use -stop_after_process  to get it to not send back
the info until you restart it (used for dial up access I suppose).  So I'm
not sure why yours isn't exhibiting the default behavior without your having
input instructions not to.
What command are you using?  What version are you using?
-s