On Thursday 21 June 2001 15:41, you wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> For killing the Window use ctrl+alt+backspace keys.
> For shutting down, ctrl+alt+delete will work wonderfully if you have not

Oh! Thank you for that!
I am still looking for a howto with all those tips that any complete beginner
should know. I just tried that and it worked fine. I'll try again if my
window freezes up again.

> made the installation as high security. Otherwise it will ask for root
> login before shutting down.
> I have loaded MKL 7.2 and 8.0 and found no problems. But Redhat linux 7.1
> gives a lot of problems especially with SCSI adapters.

I have looked on the KDE web site (I should have done that first, sorry to
bother you first) and it is possible that it is a kde bug though I am not
sure.
http://bugs.kde.org/db/20/20748.htm : this bug seems a little bit similar ???
If it happens again, I'll use gnome instead and see if it is better.

Thanks.

An-Guo