I just installed Bastille, and everything seems to be good, except for this
message:

"Message from my_log_on_name@local_machine on <no tty> at 21:03 ...
SECURITY ALERT: TMPDIR problem on host 'local_machine': The TMPDIR defense
script is no longer protecting TMPDIR on 'local_machine'. This is alright
if you are logging out of 'local_machine', otherwise you should restart the
defense script or log out and log back in.
EOF"

Which loads anytime I go into a terminal window and exit out of it.  How to
fix this?

The other thing is that when I shut down (reboot) Linux, then xinetd does
not shut down properly.  It is fine on boot up and loads and runs fine, but
on reboot refuses to shutdown (big red X!)  I can give you more information
if I knew where the boot/reboot/shutdown logs were located.

Thanks,

--
Leif Madsen
'There are two possibilities.