Romanator wrote:
> Hi list and Mandrake Support,
>
> I am very disappointed. It appears that I have a bad Boot
> Core System Boot CD. The light on the CD stays on for about
> 10 minutes followed by and error message:
> An error occurred nothing found while parsing
> /mnt/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CD1 Core System CD(x86)
>
> How do I get a replacement?
>
> Roman
> Registered Linux User #179293
> This email is powered by the Tux Email Utility
>
> > On Monday 11 June 2001 20:45, you wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > Well, I just received the new Powerpack and I cannot
> > > get it installed. I was running expert mode. In fact
> > > the first RAM disk crapped out and I was prompted to
> > > retry again by pressing the [enter] key. After
> > > partitioning /boot / /usr /swap  and /home, the Boot
> > > Disk was searching the programs to install, the motor
> > > stopped while the light on CD was still on, and the
> > > following error message appeared:
> > >
> > > Error Message
> > > An error occurred nothing found while parsing
> > > /mnt/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CD1 Core System CD(x86)
> > > What the heck is going on? My beta installed instantly.
> > > I can't get anything installed from the Powerpack!!
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

The instructions for getting bad media replaced are locatedin
in a small brochure (CD sleeve sized) packed with the CD's
(has tux on the front) and it says:

REPLACEMENT MEDIA

If you need a replacement disc due to damaged
product, you can obtain a replacement within
90 days of your purchase date. Send the
damaged product, acopy of the sales receipt,
and a letter briefly explaining the problem
to:

User Services
Macmillan Software
201 W. 103rd Street