From: Chris Keelan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 5:25 PM
To: Jason Guidry
Subject: Re: [newbie] Gettin' certified

On Sunday 01 July 2001 15:35, you wrote:
> I know that no one on this list has any problems sharing opinions...
>
> So I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on a good A+ cert book,
> hopefully leading to *nix networking (ie not MCSE).
>
> Or maybe a website that's not looking to suck down a month's worth of my
> meager rural texas teacher salary?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if you're going for COMPTIA's A+ Certification or you mean A+
as
in "doubleplusgood".

If you mean the former, sorry, can't help you. If you mean the latter, then
read Linux Network Administrator's Guide. There's a mirror at:
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/zdv/projekte/linux/books/nag/nag.html

It begins with basic TCP/IP and Ethernet networks and goes on to cover lots
of stuff including, NFS and SAMBA.

- C