I agree. The fact that micro$oft prevents its users from being able to
understand the source code is disconcerning. Users can go to school and
learn everything there is to know about operating the system, but they
will never understand the intimate details of the source. You shouldn't
trust what you can't understand. (before I'm flamed...yes, I know
nothing about the linux source code, nor how to use my system.

At least with linux, you have the opportunity to discover everything
about the system. Although all the dual-booters can attest that windows
is easier to operate, I'm sure that as they get more familiar with
linux, they will understand how powerful they can be over the system,
and not the other way around.
(As soon as I learn how *not* to trash my system, I won't use windows at
all, but as it stands, I'm very good at trashing and rebuilding my Linux
box!! :)

Where's the control panel?? I can't find my cdrom!!, lol)