> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (uli)
> Subject: Re: [newbie] WINE runs Windows proggies! ok?

> I have got wine from www.codeweavers.com, I think it's different from
> Mandrake's wine. I start winword and other windows-progs by "wine winfile" in
> a KDE-konsole. Then I start the windows application by double click. I have
> to add that I have a working MS-Office on a windows partition under Windows
> 98.

Ah HA! *THAT'S* why it all works so well for you - WINE is accessing a
real, installed Windows installation, instead of just emulating the
Windows API.

I've never seen MS Office work if you use just WINE, without any real
Windows partition to point WINE at.

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    ICQ: 50453890

Pysche closed for renovations.