> Well, I hope you have a winbox to use that D-Link in.  It is one of our
"bad"
> list.  It appears to work and detects well but never actually transmits.
> have two of them here in testing, and everything that can be done for thsm
> has been done.
>
> Civileme

Yeah, i've got win98 and 2k on this system on top of mdk8, so i'm not at any
real loss of an internet connection, just at a loss of one under Linux...

Maybe i'll see if i can pick up a different nic while at work today.  What
is the brand recommendation for a network card under linux, if there is one?
Realtek? 3com? Intel? lemme know which ones are recommended.

Thx