I haven't been following this thread and don't know if you've tried it, but
(no offense to the fine and talented ppl at mdksoft), in this one particular
instance you might be better off with the newest version from the roaring
penguins site.  I couldn't get mdk vs. to work, but the one straight from the
site connected the first try.  Just a thought.
(Also as a side note, I couldn't get it to work with any of the number of
installs of 7.2.  Don't know why, kept getting errors.  I had to use redhat
for my server/router until 8.0 came out.)
-s