On Thursday 12 July 2001 04:43 am, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

>  Many people
> buy a little too much into the GNU/Linux hype, and become
> disappointed when it isn't the same as Windows.

   Seems like a contradictory statement to me Sridhar ?  I believe many
Lusers aren't payin _enough_ _attention_ to the "GNU/Linux hype".
Particularly the difference between open and closed source software and
hardware. Specially those just tryin Linux, but even some more
experienced users, don't know, care, or understand that closed source
software and hardware can't and never can be supported for Linux  ....
and why. That's it's often disappointing and even dangerous to try to.

  [disappointed]>   "...but it works great with Window$"

  http://www.mandrakeforum.org/article.php?sid=427&lang=en

    "...we have the problem of secret software in general."
--
   Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Galveston Bay