On Saturday 14 July 2001 02:25, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> Thank you very much. I asw in top that kapm-idled uses nearly 50 to 60 % of
> CPU. How to disable it.  in gkrellm I don't have anything for cpu temp. How
> to know whether mb supports lm_sensors? I have kobian 815e mb.

kapm-idled is a count of idle cycles, not really a process.  Next version of
top will not show it.

If you want anything from lm_sensors you must install lm_utils which are not
installed by default.  KDE and GNOME approaches to using lm_sensors are
defanged as well because lm_sensors can simply toast the motherboards of some
notebooks.

Civileme