Hi,

>From my Mandrake box I cannot see the Windows box and it's printer anymore.
It used to work fine, but since A portscan test at Sdesign I knew that my
Samba shares  where wide open.
So I configured A firewall thru Mandrake Control Center.
After that My Samba shares were not visiblie anymore at Sdesign.
And they were unvisible for myself too.
The network is only 2 boxes , windows and linux. From both boxes I can't ping
to the other one ( unknown host).
But the internet connection sharing works fine.
The Mandrake box is connected to the phone line, and I can surf the internet
and get mail from the windows box.

I assume that the firewall is blocking A bit too much.
Is that correct?
Now , how do I check that?
And where exactly?

Shridhar wrote:
> checked my firewall rules and I noticed that "lo" (local loopback) was
>running as a trusted interface. There is nothing blocking either lo or
>127.0.0.1 (or any of its aliases).

Could that be something for me to check?
Where can I find these rules?

Thanks,

Gerard