On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:11:59 -0600, Dennis Myers wrote:

>Anyone know of
>
>a good source to guide me through setting up Samba?

SAMS "RH Linux 6" went through how to enable a password file so that Windoozz
clients can access files - I would asume that goes for OS/2 clients as well
with TCPBEUI as the protocol.

There also is Samba in 24 hours, tho I've never seen it at book shop to see if
it is worth purchasing. A book club I am in was out of it.

None of the books mentioned that you still have to assign file system rights to
the dir you shared to either everyone which I did, or the userid connecting to
Linux - I've not tried that method. That would be the ChMod command.

For command prompt syntax I suggest the O'Reilly "Linux in a Nutshell" which
goes through the commands, useage, syntax, etc... and a small piece on Vi and
some other common programs.

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/