At 21.44 18/07/01, Alwan Sadagopan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I recently installed Linux Mandrake 8.0. I am unable to play mp3 music.
>When i launch the XMMS window and submit a MP3 file for play the system
>hangs (No response, Key board and the mouse become non functional),  Any
>suggestion to get XMMS stuff going???
>
>Is there means to play .rm and .ram files?

Try to update XMMS with Software manager. I had the same problem, but it
disappeared after the upgrade.

Olaf

Configuration: Celeron 333A, 128 MB, 6+3 GB HD, SoundBlaster 128 PCI,
Realtek Ethernet, i740 video card running at 1024@16bpp, Toshiba CD and LG
8080B CD-RW
hda1: win 98, hda5 Linux ReiserFS, hda6 swap, hda7 ReiserFS (/home); hdb1:
FAT32 with datas