MACK DROFWARC wrote:

> I just bought 8.0 on  Linux magazine's subscription version
> Linux-Mandrake 8.0 Traktopel-i586 20010418 13:31.
>
> I have a smallish harddrive and as such, always format my drive and
> run ms-dos from disk, then use MSCDEX.exe with oakcdrom.sys and a
> description of oemcd001 because my computer does not support CD rom
> booting. I have tried rawrite with th cdrom.img file, and it says the
> cd does not appear to be an installation CD.
>
> Ihave tried a Dos version rawrite unsuccesfully, and I have tried
> using D:\dosutils\autorun.bat, which is non-existent, that is, my
> installation instructions pointed me to something that is'nt there!
>
> I am running an 808 meg hdd (ouch!), a 32 meg RAM ,44X CD-rom (ATAPI?
> ithink) and a 188 Pentium MMX.
>
> If it is possible for someone smarter than myself  to help it would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Also, please excuse my typing errors-- its around midnight and i'm
> burnt out.

Either way, you are going will have to connect an external CD ROM to
your computer. Without it the installation will not continue.
If this is imposssible, try downloading the entire Mandrake ISO image
file from an ftp site and run it from your hard drive.

Roman
Registered Linux User #179293
"su is not the root of your problem
    but the start of a new journey"