On Sunday 15 July 2001 02:31 am, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> On July 14, 2001 09:17 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > >
> > > How to get to show cpu temp. I didn't find any options?
> >
> >    When I run 'sensors' my cpu temp is shown as temp2.  This is
> > pretty standard I think, with 4 different mobo's cpu has always
> > been temp2. Then in Gkrellm, Configuration, Sensors    next to
> > temp2 I type in CPU. Click OK, and Gkrellm should start displaying
> > something like  CPU  44C or you can choose to have it shown in
> > Farenheit.
>
> I have installed lm_utils package. Added lines as directed in
> modules.conf file.
> # I2C module options
> alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
> I rebooted. But sensors command even as root gave statement
> [root@localhost /root]# sensors
> Can't access /proc file
> what to do?

  There should'a also been adapter and chipset drivers that needed to
be added to /etc/rc.d/rc.local also. For example, mine currently are

# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-viapro
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe lm75
modprobe eeprom
modprobe via686a

for my BX based board they where:

# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-piix4
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe eeprom
modprobe w83781d

  Hope this helps, 'cause I'm fixin to go to St Loui in the mornin for
the BGN race next week ;)

--
   Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Galveston Bay