On July 13, 2001 03:00 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:

<SNIP>

>    Well... I dunno ;) I created this text file, named it 'sensor-start'
> and then 'chmod +x'd it and put it in my user .kde/Autostart/ dir
>
> #!/bin/bash
> sleep 2s
> /usr/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --skiptaskbar
> /usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm
>
>   (the last two lines above are all on one line. There's no man entry
> for kstart, but 'kstart --help' provides the options. The sleep 2
> seconds is to give KDE plenty of time to finish loading, probly not
> necessary. I'd give credit to somebody for this, but I don't remember
> where I got it.)
>
>   ... and it does auto start Gkrellm always on top, on all desktops.
> BUT it doesn't skip placing the app notification on the taskbar
> (panel). Dunno why?  Probly somethin dumb and simple I'm missing.

<SNIP>

Hi Tom,

I've been meaning to thank you for posting this a while ago, and wanted to
let you know that I found a quick work around for not placing the gkrellm
notification on the panel.

I navigated to /home/<acct>/.kde/Autostart in Konqueror, right clicked and
selected create new link to application, named it gkstart, and on the execute
tab under command just copied, and pasted your line above ...

/usr/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --skiptaskbar /usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm

And, it works like a champ - thank you for the tip.

Regards,

SpeedMan

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com