On Monday 23 July 2001 08:16 pm, you wrote:
> s wrote:
> > I been using if for months.  The lastest vs. (.17) was so easy too. I've
> > been reading about others having trouble, but it was da...da... da:
> > movies for me. I've run out of ideas to assist these individuals with
> > their problems, they seemed to have done what they were supposed to
> > do....
> >
> > So basically, yes, it's possible - even easy.  I have a basic 8.0
> > developer's install (I haven't upgraded/updated anything), using whatever
> > compiler the installer put on there (gcc-2.96-0.48mdk, that has begun to
> > be doubted on the ng).  People have been making things worse for
> > themselves trying to upgrade that to 3.0.  I don't know, there are so
> > many variables in computer systems. It's always hard (in varying degrees)
> > to figure out why something works for one but not another.
> > -s
> >
> > On Sunday 22 July 2001 05:17 pm, you wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Well, I can't for life of me figure out why the MPlayer tar ball is not
> > > configuring. Has any one else been succesful in configuring, make and
> > > make install MPlayer in LM8?
> > >
> > > Roman
> > > Registered Linux User #179293
> > > This email is powered by the Tux Email Utility
>
> Can you point me to the download that you were using. I might have
> better luck than the laatest version I've been trying to configure.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roman
> Registered Linux User #179293
> "su is not the root of your problem
>     but the start of a new journey"

Well, last reinstall, I apparently didn't save download from the first
version I had been using, so this last time I used
MPlayer-0.17a_IdegCounter.tar.bz2 from
http://mplayer.sourceforge.net/homepage/dload.html

And it was so much easier.  I can't remember many of the details, but it was
quite a pain (alot of configuring, and editing scripts, cp, ln, and such) to
get the older version to work.
This version just unzip win32codec, ./configure, make, make install.  cp
MPlayer-0.17a_IdegCounter/DOCS/codecs.conf ~/.mplayer/  and that was it.

-s