Hi Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Does anyone know if the kernel 2.4.6 that is available on
rpmfind.net now has
> all the fixes for the Via/Southbridge686b-bug?

Not sure what 'bug' you mean (I'm not up with it in the slightest),
but if its any help, my motherboard is a Soltek SL-75KAV with the
following chipset:

North Bridge VIA VT8363A (KT-133A) system controller High
Performance Athlon CPU Interface
South Bridge VIA VT82C686B

and I'm using LM8.0  2.4.3-20.mdk.i586 with no apparent problems
(although I haven't tried my CD-Writer yet).  Not sure if any of
this has anything to do with your problem.

If you like, I have a go at burning a cd and get back to you.

HTH
skinky

> I am still running okay on 2.2.19, but when I want to make a
CD-copy I have to