Hello!

    Newbie again...
    I have problems installing a cvs server on a Linux
Mandrake platform.
    On one cvs troubleshooting page, it was said that I
should try first to telnet to myID@hostname 2401. It does
not work. Then, I simply tried to telnet to that machine,
and it does not work either. Then, on that machine,
telnet localhost does not work... (connection refused in
all cases).

    I opened the setup tool (Mandrake control center),
and tried to figure out what's wrong. As there is a telnet
item, I wanted to start it. I got a "telnet : unrecognized
service" error message. As there is also a CVS button
(which is the purpose of my efforts, I pushed that button
as well, and got the same message.

    I opened the installer and searched for telnet in
the "installable" area. There is nothing anymore, since I
have installed already. Same for CVS, everything is installed.

    Beside that, this machine works fine as an IP router.
As I have 1 IP address for a few machines, I use this box
to do the job.

    I would greatly appreciate some hints to help me to
solve these problems.

    Thanks,

    Pascal