I think of it like this, using TCP=domain (it bee's da MAIN protacol) Winders
and netbios/samba ain't for a whole DOMAIN, just for a workgroup. so, to use
winders peer to peer, set workgroup. to use a OS that is ready for the whole
Domain, you need to have your domian name set (the default is something like
localhost (for the computer name) and localdomain (for the domain) you should
have both a domain name and a workgroup name (they can be the same name but
don't have to be) as well as a computer name, and a user name.