Ok, really resolved now.  Playing arround with Nautilus and deleting the
/home/user/.nautilus/first-time-flag and then restarting the computer
finally brought that preferences option back.  I wonder why it was not
there, but ever since I first installed my system it was missing, (and
not because of the "advanced" setting), little bug is all I guess.
Worked out now.

Thank you very much to everyone who responded, you helped me see where
the problem was and made it very easy to fix.  I appreciate all the

-Paul Rodríguez